It has been an honor to serve as the Executive Director of GreenLaw for over 12 years, but this spring, I will be stepping
down as Director and heading south to Florida. It is with mixed feelings that I report this news. I am excited to begin my new life where I can be with my family, but will sorely miss being here surrounded by the inspiring individuals who work tirelessly to protect Georgia’s natural resources.
But don’t worry, I’m not leaving just yet. I will be here at GreenLaw in the upcoming months to ensure a smooth transition and then I will continue working to clean up Georgia’s dirty coal plants. Rest assured, you have not seen the last of me!
GreenLaw has a special place in Georgia. As I look back over the past 12 years, I recall some of our more significant victories including:
- Requiring Georgia Power to build a $50 million cooling tower to stop the heated discharge (as high as 112 degrees) that was causing massive fish kills in Lake Sinclair;
- Closing Live Oak Landfill, which was then the largest landfill in Georgia and the 10th largest in the country, that was ruining the quality of life of South DeKalb residents;
- Stopping grain dust from falling on playgrounds and homes in the Newtown Community in Gainesville endangering the health of all who had to breathe these small airborne particles;
- Stopping a 1,000-acre landfill from being sited in Taliaferro County against the wishes of the local community; and
- Defeating the Longleaf Energy Station, a coal plant which would have emitted a staggering 475 million tons of carbon dioxide over its lifetime.
These are just some of GreenLaw’s accomplishments. Each and every day, GreenLaw strives to help our clients
, who are an essential part of our work, reach their goals of cleaning up rivers, stopping air pollution and ensuring that all of Georgia’s citizens can breathe clean air and drink clean water.
But there are many challenges that lay ahead and GreenLaw continues to be well positioned to win for Georgia again and again. With our dedicated staff
and Board of Directors
, I feel confident that GreenLaw will continue to provide the high quality legal work that you have come to know and expect.
I would also like to thank each and every one of you for making my experience here at GreenLaw so wonderful. Soon, you will be welcoming a new leader at GreenLaw and I hope that you will welcome him/her with open arms as you have all welcomed me over the last 12 years.
GreenLaw has an impressive history of getting results for its clients,
and is looking for the next leader to continue that tradition of taking
on the toughest cases and getting the job done. Do you know an
outstanding attorney who is committed to protecting Georgia’s natural
resources and can lead GreenLaw into its third decade of getting
An ideal candidate has experience with complex litigation,
excellence in organizational management, marketing and public relations,
fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of
stakeholders and cultures, strong written and verbal communication
skills, is a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent
interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills, and has the ability
to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people. If
you know someone who meets these criteria, please let that person know
about this once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a dedicated team
of attorneys who make a difference each and every day. Click here to
view the full job announcement