You Are Invited to Mano a Mano's 20th Anniversary Celebration on April 12th
Mano a Mano is celebrating 20 years in operation on April 12th!
Tickets are $50 per person, and you can purchase tickets online here (instructions are at the above link if you'd prefer to purchase tickets by check). Tables with 8 tickets are available at a discount (12.5% off), and sponsorship opportunities are available as well (special thanks to Medtronic, Inc., Anchor Bank, and Metro Sales for being early Sponsors of the celebration!).
WHERE: DS Event Center, 415 Pascal St. N, St. Paul, MN 55104
WHEN: Saturday, April 12, 2014, from 6p-9p
WHAT: Mano a Mano’s 20th Anniversary Celebration, including:
- Cash Bar
- Silent Auction
- Meet staff from Mano a Mano’s organizations in Bolivia, who will be traveling to Minnesota to be here for this event
- Dinner catered by Green Mill
- Live Bolivian music with Leo and Kathy Lara (back by popular demand!)
- Celebrating 20 Years – looking at what we have been able to accomplish with your help!
- We are hoping to have Mano a Mano’s book Gaining Ground: A Blueprint For Community-Based International Development - about our model and 20 years in operation - published in the next few weeks, and the April 12 Celebration to be our official Book Release Party
Updates on Our Projects
- 2013 Annual Report. 2013 was a very busy year for Mano a Mano! Just a few of the highlights - we moved out of our co-founders' home and into our own building in St. Paul, built 9 new health clinics and 2 new schools, provided 501 emergency air rescues, made big progress on a 60-kilometer road project, and shipped the most pounds of donated supplies in any year since 2008! Click here to see our 2013 Annual Report and read more about these projects and many others from last year, made possible with your support.
- Flood Relief Update. In our last email, we sent you an overview of how Mano a Mano was responding to severe flooding in Bolivia that has affected 60,000 families and killed more than 100,000 livestock. Since mid-to-late February, Mano a Mano has made 24+ flights (there were 3 separate flights just for yesterday, and the tally is always rising) and distributed more than 25,000 pounds of food and supplies to isolated communities in the department of Beni. Watch a video of a recent distribution by Mano a Mano plane here. If you'd like to support our flood relief efforts you can make a donation here.
- From Volunteering in the Peace Corps to Mano a Mano. Mano a Mano Intern Jesse Flanagan wrote on our website about why he volunteers his time with Mano a Mano - "I volunteer my time at Mano a Mano for the same reasons that I chose to work as a Peace Corps Volunteer" - which you can read here. We are so grateful for everyone that chooses to donate their time and/or money to Mano a Mano; we couldn't do this without you!
- Do You Have a Bottle of Wine You'd Like to Donate? Mano a Mano is looking for donations of bottles of wine for our Wall of Wine Silent Auction item at our 20th anniversary celebration on April 12, 2014. If you're interested, click here.
- Mano a Mano Blog. All of these updates (and more) are posted on our blog on our website, which we update frequently. Check back often to stay up-to-date!
Connect with Mano a Mano