Academic Society for Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds
The Academic Society for Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds (ASFFBC) was founded to bring a variety of experienced individuals such as medical doctors, scientists, dieticians, nutritionists, and other food and medical industry professionals from around the world. These educated and dedicated professionals are all working towards one common goal, which is to increase global awareness of functional and medical foods and improve the health and wellness of people worldwide.
- Building relationships and collaborations
- Promoting events, special edition journal issues, and major updates within the registered organizations
- Offer students opportunities to meet with organizations for potential internships
- Educating students and interested individuals on functional food product development
- Encourage industries to prioritize nutritional analysis and develop products based on scientific research
- Educate food industry leaders, clinicians, and general public on available research and applications for functional foods and bioactive compounds
- Match scientists who develop formulae for functional food and bioactive compounds with industries capable of production and marketing
- Provide open discussion of new research developments, techniques, and ideas through forums
There are a number of ASFFBC member benefits and advantages...
First announced on Aug 21, 2012 in 11th International Conference by Dr. Danik M. Martirosyan, Dr. Hoyoku Nishino, and Dr. Garth Nikolson held in University of San Diego, San Diego, California, USA.
- Second International Symposium of ASFFBC was held on August 20-22, 2013, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA.
- Third International Symposium of ASFFBC, May 10-11, 2014, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Since the beginning, this society of medical doctors, scientists, dietitians, nutritionists, and other food and medical industry professionals has strictly dedicated to the research and development of functional and medical foods, bioactive compounds, nutraceuticals, and the discovery of new ingredients and scientific techniques.
We have more than 1000 members in less than two years and still growing strongly and steadily towards our goal of better future in functional food industry.
- Complimentary copy of our most recently published book ($229.00 value)
- Newsletter subscription
- 20% off conference registration fees
- Invitations and announcements for upcoming special events
- Access to numerous resources, links and other available members-only information
- Lots more!!
Anyone who possesses a passion for this industry and the expansion of knowledge in the field is encouraged to join..
- Recognized experts in health and food industry
- MD, PhD
- Registered Dieticians, Nutritionists
- General public
Come Make History With Us!!
Submit a Proposal to Host our Next Conference
Are you interested in hosting one of our International Conferences? The Functional Food Center and Academic Society for Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds is now accepting conference proposals for the years 2014 and 2015. Proposals may be submitted by any university or organization related to functional and medical foods, nutrition, nutrigenomics, prevention and management of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, obesity, cancer, cardiovascular disorders, autoimmune disease, metabolic syndrome, etc. For more information click here.
Third Internatinal Symposium
The 3rd International Symposium of the ASFFBC will be held this year in Regensburg, Germany at the University of Regensburg on May 10-11, 2014, . The ASFFBC is working jointly with Functional Food Center and the University of Regensburg to bring together experts in medicine, biology, and the food industry to discuss the contribution of functional and medical foods and bioactive compounds prevention and management of neuropsychiatric and other chronic diseases.. We are expecting a large amount of well-known and established food and medical industry professionals attending this conference. For those of you who are looking for expand your network and create new connections, this conference will provide an excellent avenue to do so!
The presenters and attendees in the third symposium are from various countries and experts from diverse fields related to functional foods giving oral or poster presentations. The experts are PhD's, Head of the Laboratory, MD, Doctors, Researchers, Professors, Lawyers, Managing Directors, Food Scientists, Policy Consultant or Industry Experts in their subjected fields and are willing to share their knowledge about benefits of functional food. The diversity of ideas is going to be huge as the experts are flying from all over the world, countries like Switzerland, France, United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, Russia, Italy, USA, China, Iran, Croatia, Romania, Japan, Hong Kong, Denmark, Australia, Belgium, Lithuania, Sweden, Mauritius, Netherlands, Kuwait, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Ukraine, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Slovak Republic, Spain, Korea, Oman, Ireland, Bulgaria, México, Poland, India, Canada, Thailand and more to be a part of this marvelous conference.
There is the list of expected presenters and attendees for our third symposium, (15th International Conference),
- When is the conference - May 10-11, 2014
- Where is the conference - University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
- Topic of Conference - Mental, Neurological and other Chronic Disorders: Bio-markers, Bioactive Compounds, and Functional Foods
- This is the first scientific event only on Neuropsychiatric and other Chronic Disorders: Bio-markers, Bioactive Compounds, and Functional Food for chronic diseases.
There is limited space for conference attendees and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis, so sign up today! Registration includes Conference Proceedings Book (abstracts), free refreshments, free lunch, and 1 year membership to Academic Society for Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds.
- This is the first time that lawyers who are specialists in health claims, European legal frameworks of functional food, and have experience in functional foods are going to attend the conference and give presentation on different procedures of authorization in EU countries
ATTENTION: Due to high number of requests from readers for submission of abstracts and to postpone the deadline, the submission deadline has been extended till March 21, 2014, at 5 pm!! For any further questions contact us at email@example.com.
The international conference will attract many experts from food processing companies, universities, research centers, and related industries from around the world. It will be a great opportunity to introduce yourself to many international organizations. There is a limited amount of space as this conference is in the University, so don't delay!
More information for Exhibitors can be found by clicking here
This cornerstone guide, written by internatioanlly- recognized functional, medical, and bioactive food experts, covers the basis on functional foods and functional food sciences. With more than 3,000 scientific references, this book provides scientists, medical doctors, nutritionists, food technologists, students majoring in the biology, nutrigenetic, and food science fields, and public health professionals with a comprehensive and up-to-date examination of functional foods.
Get a Copy of our Introduction to Functional Food Science Textbook :
Free Textbook ( Worth $229 ) + Free Shipping
Paperback: 590 pages
Publisher: Food Science Publisher
First Edition (October 16, 2013)
Library of Congress Control Number: 2013951970
Editor: Danik M. Martirosyan, PhD
Editorial Assistants: Kyle McGannon, Kathryn Martinez, Caitlin Feltch, and Kathryn Beaton
Designed By Stephen Belcher
Chapters Contributed By 50 Scientists
For More Information About The Book,
Please CLICK HERE Or Visit AMAZON.COM .