SCHS Newsletter August 19, 2018
Dear BOBCAT Nation,
The academic year is upon us and our counseling team is working diligently to ensure we offer an extraordinary level of services to support our students’ academic, social, and emotional needs. Please be cognizant that there is an established manner in which our counseling team will respond to meeting requests:
- Of highest priority is to meet with students who have an “open period” or are scheduled in an incorrect class.
- A medium level priority is a request for a level change, for example, seeking to move from Honors Algebra II to college prep Algebra II, or vice versa.
- Among the low level priorities is a request to change an elective class or to drop a class.
Please note that all required, grade level courses will not be dropped.
A reminder that counselor assignments are as follows:
Megan Corazza: All 9th Grade Students
Christine DiBenedetto: Grades 10-12 w/ Last Names A-K
Linda Payne : Grades 10-12 w/ Last Names L-Z
We are looking forward to an exceptional 2018-19 academic year!
J. César Morales
Principal, Sage Creek High School
|Front of the Line Pass for Volunteers
You can help registration run quickly and smoothly by volunteering in the office, library, cafeteria, and more!
A perk: Registration volunteers can skip the registration lines with a “front of the line” pass
17 Volunteers are needed in each of the two volunteer shifts:
7:30 AM - 10:00 AM and 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM on the following dates:
Monday, August 20 (Seniors)
Tuesday, August 21 (Juniors)
Wednesday, August 22 (Sophomores)
Thursday, August 23 (Freshmen)
Volunteer Signup is Online via our PTSA Membership Toolkit
(you do not need to be a PTSA Member to sign-up):
|Registration Dates by Grade Level
Registration is required and includes Student ID Cards, Yearbook picture, Class Schedule, Textbooks, PTSA Membership, ASB Membership, SC Foundation, Bobcat Spiritwear, and More!
Dates by Grade
Grade 12: Mon., August 20 Grade 11: Tue., August 21 Grade 10: Wed., August 22
Grade 9: Thu., August 23
Time by Last Name
A-E: 8:00-9:00 AM
F-K: 9:00-10:00 AM
*Parents are NOT required to escort students through the registration process. See Registration Info here
|Save Time & Sign-up for PTSA Now!
Perks & Benefits of PTSA Membership
- Driver's Ed Student Discounts
- ACT/SAT Prep Class Discount
- FREE Bobcat Benefits Card that gives discounts to local merchants
- *With purchase of any Package Membership
- FREE SC Car Decals & Reusable Tote bag
- *With purchase of certain Package Memberships
- FREE access to secure SCHS Online School Directory
- View a complete list of Membership Benefits at:
|Course Change Triage Procedure
Counseling Department Website
|Ways PTSA Benefits SCHS
|Welcome to the new school year from the SCHS Parent, Teacher, & Student Association (PTSA)! Through your membership dollars, we work hard to benefit students, families, & teachers and enhance the education that students receive with important programs like:
We welcome you to visit us online at sagecreekhs.carlsbadusd.net/ptsa or contact us at anytime at SageCreekPTSA@gmail.com!
- College & Career Prep with Career Chats and Career Panels; Cooking Classes; Job, Internship, Volunteer Expo; Resume & Interviewing workshop; Cooking Classes & more.
- Health & Safety programs like CPR & First Aid Training, Seminars on Emotional Health & Teens and Vaping, Senior Grad Nite and more.
- Family Enrichment programs like Secrets of Success at SCHS, & Reflections Art contest
- Parent-Staff Connection with weekly eBlast Newsletter, text updates, volunteer brigade, staff appreciation, & Coffee with the Principal, Teacher Curriculum Support Grants
Sincerely, Athena Runner, SCHS PTSA President
|eBlast Newsletter Sent Sundays
|This eBlast newsletter will be sent weekly on Sundays.
An archived copy is also available online for you to view at
We are happy to help keep you informed about the latest SCHS happenings!
|Freshman Orientation - 8/28
|SCHS Link Crew invites all Incoming Bobcat Freshmen to:
Freshman Orientation (view flyer)
Monday, August 28
9:00 AM - 12:15 PM
Freshmen will enjoy an interactive day where they will meet other freshman, get a campus tour learn strategies to help them find success in high school, and meet your Link Crew Leaders!
|View & print the complete SCHS Calendar at sagecreekhs.carlsbadusd.net/Calendars
You can also add the BOBCAT Google Calendar to your own Google Calendar by going to our sagecreekhs.carlsbadusd.net page and clicking the +GoogleCalendar button at the bottom of the calendar
|Senior Parents - Want to help with events?
There are many events planned for our Senior students. Parent volunteers are needed to help make these events go smoothly. If you are interested in being on our Senior Parent Committee and helping with any of these events, please let us know by completing the online Senior Class Parent Committee interest form
The following are the scheduled events (*times may be subject to change):
||Senior Sunrise Hike
||Senior Awards Night
||Genius Project Symposium
||Senior Field Trip
||Grad Nite - Disneyland
|Late Start Wednesdays - Mark Calendars
|SCHS School Hours for
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday are:
7:30 AM - 2:30 PM
*Almost every Wednesday is a late start at 8:30 AM.
The following Wednesdays are Non-Late Start days that begin at 7:30 AM:
9/5, 10/3, 10/31, 11/14, 12/5, 1/30, 3/6, 5/29, 6/12
|Did Your Student Leave SCHS?
How to stop Emails by Unsubscribing
|Did your student graduate from SCHS? Have you moved away from SCHS?
If so, and you don't want to receive the weekly SCHS eBlast Newsletter, simply click the follow link: Unsubscribe, or reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
You can also update your email address by subscribing a different email address at: sagecreekhs.carlsbadusd.net/newsletter, and see our eBlast Newsletter archive there too!