Child Foundation Newsletter
Changing the face of the future, one child at a time.
The holiday shopping season officially begins this week. Traditionally, these were times that families used to gather to enjoy and appreciate each other, but it seems that each year it becomes more commercialized by marketing machines to force us to shop more. If “Black Friday” was not enough, we now have “Cyber Monday” to make us shop even more. But those who believe that this is still the season of giving and sharing, have joined in creation of a day called “Giving Tuesday.”
I hope you join us in this campaign to give back at the start of the holiday season. After a weekend of spending, why not give back to a cause you care about, helping children who live in need to go to school.
I ask you to ask your friends and colleagues to join you in donating to Child Foundation. With your support, not only have we helped over 7,500 children to go to school, we were also able to help sick children receive treatments, Afghanistan earthquake victims receive the help they needed, delivered food and clothes to Syrian children refugees, and helped families whose homes were flooded in Ilam.
We have a long way to go, but we are energized by your help and will ask you to continue supporting our humanitarian cause. Help us help them, NOW!
On behalf of our family here in Child Foundation, I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Peyman Raoofi Psy.D.
President & CEO
How to Help...
There are many ways that you can donate to help a child in need on #GivingTuesday:
- Visit our waiting list page and sponsor any child you wish to see succeed in his/her life with your assistance.
- Visit our donation page and choose any humanitarian causes that you would like to support.
- Donate via your phone by texting CF to 40444. Then you receive a secure link to enter your credit card info and other information (US residents only).
- Shop at Barnes & Noble website by November 29th and enter our event code of 11736303 and Child Foundation receives 10% of your total shopping amount. You are not charged anything extra!
- Shop at AmazonSmile and Child Foundation receives 0.5% of your total shopping as donation from Amazon. You are not charged anything extra!
- If you are selling on eBay, you can donate a percentage of any sale through eBay for Charities. All you have to do is choose Child Foundation as your favorite charity and let them know what percentage of your income should come to us. They have our account information and will do the rest.
- Donate that old car that is sitting in your garage and taking your space. Just visit this site for information.
- Double your donation to Child Foundation through your company’s corporate matching funds. More than 50 reputable companies match their employees’ donations to Child Foundation. If your company is not among our list, let us know and we will work with them to start one. Please visit our matching fund page for additional information.
- If you work for Federal government or if you are one of their contractors, retirees, etc. you can donate through Combined Federal Campaign. Our code with CFC is 46116. For more info visit here.
- You can always call us at 503-224-0409 and any of our colleagues will be happy to assist you with any donation or answering your questions.
Hi, I'm Fatemeh!
Fatemeh is a bright eight-year-old girl from the city of Darab in the Fars province. Her father was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, and later he passed away from a heart attack. Now, Fatemeh and her mother are struggling, and this young student needs your support.
Please consider helping this young student so that she can continue to attend school.
See more children waiting for sponsorship.
Help for Refugees in Europe
Child Foundation is still collecting donations to help Syrian refugees in Europe. Among refugees, children are the most innocent victims who are in the greatest need. This Thanksgiving, keep them in your thoughts and donate to our Refugee fund.
From Virginia with Love
When our donor, Payam from Virginia, learned about Zohreh's need of a computer for her university classes, he generously bought her a laptop.
Payam has sponsored Zohreh, who is from Urumia, since she was in high school. Now, she is only a couple years away from graduating from her university!
Child Foundation's Annual Toy Drive has started. This year both of our offices in Los Angeles and Portland are coordinating this event.
If you would like to join us, please contact our office for information on how to get involved.
Here are the locations where you can drop off your new, unwrapped, non-violent toys or blankets.
4475 SW Scholls Ferry Rd Suite 170
Portland, OR 97225
18345 Ventura Blvd. #512
Tarzana, CA 91356
Iman Cultural Center
3376 Motor Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Eretz Cultural Center
6170 Wilbur Ave.
Tarzana, CA 91335
Social Media Corner
Join Child Foundation's Telegram channel and keep yourself up to date about our activities.
The mission of Child Foundation is to help children in need, who have been identified as high achievers to remain in school. We believe that education can move a child beyond the stigma of poverty and give that child the tools to reach his or her true and full potential. Since our inception in 1994, Child Foundation has provided basic necessities to children living in poverty or hardship, enhancing the quality of life for these children as well as their respective families. By providing access to education, Child Foundation hopes to eliminate children prematurely leaving school, and in certain cases, avoid early matrimony.