Child Foundation Newsletter
Changing the face of the future, one child at a time.
Ten Ways to Help Santa!
Now that the Holiday Season is in full-swing, it is a perfect time to say thank you.
We have accomplished a lot this year, such as being named a Top-Rated 2015 nonprofit by GreatNonprofits. With the help of our donors, we made a difference in the lives of thousands of children in need in Afghanistan, Iran, Indonesia, and Nepal, as well as many innocent children among Syrian refugees in Europe.
We are so grateful for your support, and for sharing our vision of a brighter future, but our work isn’t done. Through your generosity today, we can continue to build upon our success. Your financial contribution – of any amount – will help support our programs to make a positive difference.
Join us in our work to better the lives of children in need around the world. Remember, the best gift that you can give a child in need is education. It lasts for a lifetime. Please donate generously here to ensure that Child Foundation delivers your gift.
Happy holidays and wishing you peace and joy,
Peyman Raoofi Psy.D.
President & CEO
- Visit our waiting list page and sponsor any child you wish to see succeed in his/her life with your assistance.
- Visit our donation page and choose any humanitarian causes that you would like to support.
- Donate via your phone by texting CF to 40444. Then you receive a secure link to enter your credit card info and other information (US residents only).
- Shop at AmazonSmile and Child Foundation receives 0.5% of your total shopping as donation from Amazon. You are not charged anything extra!
- If you are selling on eBay, you can donate a percentage of any sale through eBay for Charities. All you have to do is choose Child Foundation as your favorite charity and let them know what percentage of your income should come to us. They have our account information and will do the rest.
- Donate a toy to our Annual Toy Drive. This year, we are collecting toys in Boston, Los Angeles, and Portland.
- Donate that old car that is sitting in your garage and taking your space. Just visit this site for information.
- Double your donation to Child Foundation through your company’s corporate matching funds. More than 50 reputable companies match their employees’ donations to Child Foundation. If your company is not among our list, let us know and we will work with them to start one. Please visit our matching fund page for additional information.
- If you work for Federal government or if you are one of their contractors, retirees, etc. you can donate through Combined Federal Campaign. Our code with CFC is 46116. For more info visit here.
- You can always call us at 503-224-0409 and any of our colleagues will be happy to assist you with any donation or answering your questions.
Helping Refugees - Update
Remember the refugees we informed you about last week? Well, with the help of Mr. Nasirpour, who had originally found these refugees, we were able to provide them with additional blankets to make sure they keep a little warmer this winter. But they still need more, and you can help.
Please read their stories here, and give to our refugees fund here.
Hi, I'm Nimsang!
Nimsang is a young student from the city of Kathmandu, Nepal. She is a smart student who loves to study and dance. Sadly, four years ago her parents abandoned her, and no other family members are willing to help her. Nimsang is a bright student, and she needs your support to be able to receive the education that she deserves.
Please consider helping this young student so that she can continue to attend school.
See more children waiting for sponsorship.
With Love for Niloofar
When Hanieh found out about the needs of her sponsored child, Niloofar, she helped purchase a gas stove, refrigerator, and some clothes for her. Niloofar felt so happy for the wonderful gifts she received!
Become Santa's Little Helper
You don't need to go all the way to the North Pole to help Santa this year. All you need to do is complete Child Foundation's volunteer application.
Child Foundation's Annual Toy Drive is still going strong. This year, our wonderful volunteers in Boston are also collecting toys. Please see our Boston, Los Angeles, and Portland drop-off locations here.
If you would like to join us, please contact our office for information on how to get involved.
Social Media Corner
You may already know about our Persian
Facebook pages, but did you know that Child Foundation also has a page on LinkedIn
? If you are LinkedIn savvy, please don't forget to follow us by visiting this page
and clicking on the yellow "Follow" button.
The mission of Child Foundation is to help children in need, who have been identified as high achievers to remain in school. We believe that education can move a child beyond the stigma of poverty and give that child the tools to reach his or her true and full potential. Since our inception in 1994, Child Foundation has provided basic necessities to children living in poverty or hardship, enhancing the quality of life for these children as well as their respective families. By providing access to education, Child Foundation hopes to eliminate children prematurely leaving school, and in certain cases, avoid early matrimony.