End of Semester To-Do's
It’s the end of the semester – Hurray!
3 things to do to mark the occasion:
- Enjoy this season of celebrations! Whatever and however you celebrate the seasonal holidays, take time to consider what you hold dear this time of year, then share a special memory with someone you love and make a point of passing on a tradition with the next generation in your family.
- Bring balance back into your life: PLAY! Life gets all out of whack when you’re a student; there’s so much to juggle! While we always encourage you to strive for balance in your life, consider winter break as your time to PLAY, and do it with gusto! Figure out what you like to do best or what you’ve been missing, and do it!
- Get those grades in! Congratulations, you've completed your fall semester courses! We know it was a lot of hard work so we hope you celebrate your achievements. Remember to send a copy of your grades to your scholarship counselor.
A Note of Thanks
A Note of Thanks! To the over 100 directors who returned a sponsoring center survey, THANK YOU. We are listening to you, incorporating your suggestions where we are able, refining our policies where it is called for, and advocating for and with you for the resources that could ease the burdens of T.E.A.C.H. sponsorship.
Save These Dates
January 13th and 16th, 2014.
FREE Webinar: Health Care for Child Care. If you need health insurance, choose one of these two options:
- January 13 in the evening, 6:30 – 8pm – especially for teachers and family child care providers to discuss individual plans
- January 16 during the daytime, 1:30 – 3pm – adds information for those who serve as employers in child care
Hosted by WECA and the Wisconsin Council on Children and Families. More information coming soon.
January 28th, 2014, 6:30 – 8pm.
Webinar: Achieving Your Professional Development Goals, presented by WECA trainers, Claire Lind and Peggy Haack. We’re bringing this YoungStar-sponsored training to you in the comfort of your own home or office. If you’re wondering what’s next for you or considering a new direction, check out this webinar. If you have a friend, colleague, or employee who needs some encouragement, share this information. Registry credits will be awarded.
March 8th, 2014 – A Ceremony and Celebration hosted by The Registry. If you’ve recently earned a credential or an ECE degree, join with your colleagues at a celebration in your honor! This annual event is held in the Wisconsin Dells; more details will be available soon.