|Get your 2013 WECA Food Program Earnings
For convenience, you may print your food program earnings statement online.
You may also request to have your statement mailed. After the October claim (paid in December) is processed:
- After the October claim (paid in December) is processed, log in to CACFP.Net.
- Select My CACFP Info from the blue menu bar and click on Checks Received.
- Enter last year’s Start Date (1/1/2013) and End Date (12/31/2013), then click on Display.
- To print or to save to a file, select File in the upper left corner of your browser page.
- Call 800-783-9322, ##8051.
- Follow the instructions in the message; your statement will be mailed to the address we have on file.
Food program Forms in Hmong and Spanish
The Wisconsin DPI website has translated food program forms available in Hmong and Spanish. Go to fns.dpi.wi.gov/fns_cacfptranslations and click on Day Care Homes and Home Sponsors. This link is also posted on the WECA website at www.wisconsinearlychildhood.org, under Food Program, Important Resources.
New Master Menus
New Master Menus have been created from recipes in the CACFP Menu Planning Guide. Please add these to your current list of Master Menus. Thank you, Area Coordinator Mary Mahl, for your work on this!
- MM 190: Quinoa, black beans, corn, pineapple, milk. (Recipe, p. 26)
- MM 191: Pita bread, navy beans, spinach, mandarin oranges, milk. (Recipe, p. 42)
- MM 192: Tortilla, tuna, peas, applesauce, milk. (Recipe, p. 49)
- MM 193: Pita bread, turkey, lettuce/tomato, grapes, milk. (Recipe, p. 63)
- MM 194: Couscous, chicken, mangoes, green beans, milk. (Recipe, p. 71)
Vegetable Straws are not okay on the Food Program
DPI says: Vegetable straws are a snack made from ingredients that include vegetables (such as tomatoes and spinach), seed oils, grain starches and flours made from vegetables and grains.These products cannot be credited as a fruit/vegetable because they’re a processed food. They are not creditable without a Child Nutrition (CN) label.
They may only be credited as a grain/bread if they’re made with whole or enriched grains. Some, but not all, vegetable straws are made with whole grains, so be sure to check the product label before you buy.
Area Coordinator Receives Award
Area Coordinator Jane Miler-Cleworth received the Outstanding Service in Early Education & Care Award at the WECA Conference in October. Jane has been an area coordinator since 1985. Congratulations!
Effective 1/1/13, WECA Policy Regarding Provider Suspension from Wisconsin Shares
If a provider is suspended from the Wisconsin Shares child care subsidy payment system, WECA will suspend that provider from Food Program participation effective with the date of the Shares suspension, until the provider communicates to WECA what his/her intention is in regard to the Shares suspension: i.e., to stay open and appeal the suspension, or to close the family child care center.
If a provider intends to close and not appeal,or fails to communicate with WECA withinseven working days of the suspension, WECA will drop the provider.
If the provider states that she/he intends to stay open and provide care for children even though she/he is not guaranteed payment, or has private pay children and remains regulated, WECA will closely monitor the provider. WECA will request that a copy of state attendance records be sent with the monthly claim to ensure the claim is valid. Additional requirements such as monthly parent signatures on attendance records may also be required.
Thank you for your understanding in helping us do what’s best for Wisconsin’s young children.