Hello ARV Supporters and Volunteers,
The Holiday Season is fast approaching. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a New Year of peace and happiness. Celebrate the Season! We have much to be thankful for. We have helped many animals in need this year thanks to your support.
Peewee (adopted) – He was rescued from the shelter as a stray. The shelter adopted him out but he was returned because he became protective of one person in the home. A wonderful family came in who was familiar with his temperament and adopted him.
Huxley & Marley (adopted) – They were surrendered by their owner as the young child in the home became highly allergic to them. The family was devastated about giving them up. Huxley and Marley had been together since they were puppies. Happily, we adopted them together to a wonderful family.
Lily, Jini, and Paris
– They were an owner surrender due to the owner’s medical condition which prevented her from caring for them any longer. Jini and Paris were adopted from our group 5 years ago, but Lily was adopted elsewhere. We took all three into our group. Happily, Lily (success story) and Paris have been adopted. Jini, however, is still waiting patiently for her forever home.
Bell, Dasher, Cindy Lou Who, Stephanie, Jasmine, and Molly, 6 pregnant mommas – We received the call for help from the shelter 6 times right after another at the end of 2017. We rescued 6 pregnant mommas which totaled 35 puppies! We started off 2018 with 35 spay/neuters, 35 microchips, 35 vaccinations (possibly times 3 as puppies get 3 shots), plus each mom needed to be spayed, microchipped and vaccinated.
Rosebud – Our 2018 Wag ‘n Walk mascot was one of the 35 puppies. She has had a lot of medical bills in 2018 which will continue into 2019. She has seen a neurologist many times with expensive testing. She also had hip dysplasia which we had the surgery performed. She should be available for adoption sometime in 2019.
aka Little Man – He too is one of the 35 puppies. He was so small that he needed to be tube fed until he was large enough to nurse. He came down with pneumonia and was hospitalized for 2 days. Due to his small size and history, we took extra precautions with his neuter which amounted to $2300.
I could go on and on about our wonderful saves. We pride ourselves in saving those in most need, those that don't show well in the shelter, and those that just need a second chance.
HOW TO SUPPORT US
There are many ways to help support us. Please visit our webpage for the many options, click here
. But here they are in a nutshell:
- Join us for our Cook’s Night Out every 3rd month. Our next one will be January 2019.
- The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to Animal Rescue Volunteers. Click here to select Animal Rescue Volunteers as your charitable organization
- Always use Goodsearch.org to search online and GoodShop.com for your online purchases. We receive money from both when you search and purchase.
- Register your Ralphs card and we earn money each time you swipe your card. Click here for instructions on how to register.
- Sharon Staples, Realtor - Mention ARV when buying or selling your home with Sharon and she will donate $500 to ARV at the close of escrow. TheStaplesTeam.com
As we come to the end of 2018, we are so very grateful for everyone’s support. We have many animals that have found their forever homes. We can save more with your continued help. Please help network our animals. Get your friends and family to like us on our facebook page and share share share our postings. The more who know about our wonderful animals, the more we can save. Also, have them sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Instagram @arvsimi.
We always need monetary donations to continue to provide for these animals. You still have time to make a donation for the 2018 tax year. Click on the donate button below. We have medical expenses, such as spaying and neutering and daily health care. Plus, we rescue medical dogs from the shelter. Thanks to all of our generous supporters and volunteers who help make this all possible.
Thanks again to everyone for your support and let’s make 2019 the best year ever for our furry friends!
A little smile, A word of cheer, A bit of love from someone near, A little gift from one held dear, Best wishes for the coming year!